PBM Iron Deficiency Website
- What personal data we collect when you use our website
- What we do with your personal data
- How long we store your personal data and why
- Who may have access to your personal data
- Your rights around your personal data
What personal data do we collect and why?
Through or in connection with this website we, Vifor Pharma Management Ltd., collect and use personal data such as name, address, telephone number, email address or other information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person as follows:
- If you send us a question or other communication using the contact form on this website or otherwise such as by email. We use that information to respond to your request;
- If you send us an adverse event report or other safety information for pharmacovigilance. We record and process that information in accordance with our legal obligations;
- If you subscribe on this website to receive electronic communications. We use the details you provide in order to manage your subscription. You are able to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us as specified below;
We may aggregate personal data collected through this website for statistical purposes.
The legal basis for the collection and use of your personal data is our legitimate interest in operating a website that allows users to send queries and other communications. In relation to personal data concerning health received in connection with the reporting of safety information, the legal basis is public interest in the area of public health. If you subscribe to receive electronic communications, your consent is the legal basis for processing the associated personal data and for gathering statistics on interactions with our emails and other electronic communications. We do that to help us improve the communications and ensure that they are useful and relevant. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as specified below.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We work with third-party service providers who help us to collect and process safety information or who provide other services such as technical support or data hosting. These service providers may have access to your personal data in order to provide the services.
We may also disclose your personal data to:
- official authorities where applicable by law (e.g. reporting adverse events for pharmacovigilance), court order or other legal proceeding;
- our legal and other expert advisors;
- distributors, license partners or other companies with whom we collaborate for the purposes specified in this privacy notice.
Our service providers and collaboration partners are legally bound to keep all personal data confidential and to use such information only to perform the services for which we engaged them or to comply with legal obligations.
Some of the above-mentioned parties who receive your personal data may be located outside the country where you live, including in countries not regarded by the competent authorities as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data. In such cases, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, such as EU standard contractual clauses. A copy of these clauses may be obtained from our Data Protection Officer (GroupDPO@viforpharma.com).
How long do we store your personal data?
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You are entitled at any time to access your personal data that we hold. To the extent legally permissible, you can request that your data be erased, that errors be corrected or that processing of your personal data be restricted. You can also object to our processing of your personal data, or exercise your right of data portability where applicable.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us as described in the section “How to contact us” below. Please note that applicable laws may prevent us from complying with certain requests, such as to erase safety information or to restrict our processing of it. You are entitled to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites that we believe are useful. We cannot guarantee the standards or privacy policies of the websites to which we link. We are not responsible for the content of any website that is not owned by a Vifor Pharma Group company.
Personal data of children
This website is intended for adult use only, meaning anyone 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18 through this website. We assume that any person who provides their personal data through this website is at least 18 years old. If you would like to contact us about personal data that your child may have provided without your consent, please see the “How to contact us” section below. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 18, we will erase such information promptly if allowed under applicable law.
How to contact us
- The “controller” of the personal data:
Vifor Pharma Management Ltd.
Tel. + 41 58 851 80 00
- Our representative in the UK for data privacy purposes:
Vifor Pharma UK Ltd.
Second Floor, Waterfront
Watermans Business Park
Tel: +44 01276 853 600
- Our Data Protection Officer:
Vifor Pharma Management Ltd.
Tel. + 41 58 851 80 00
- Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of any Vifor Pharma medicinal products is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions. For further information please contact our local representative or email@example.com
Effective date: [26.05.21]